Wednesday, June 2


"for we walk by faith, not by sight-" 2 Corinthians 5:7

Have you ever remembered something so far back you can't believe you remember it at all? That's what happened to me the other day.

I remember playing pin the tail on the donkey at a birthday party when I was four years old. The blindfold.. trying to pin the tail on the donkey... all of it frustrated me. I wanted to pin it exactly on the tail and if it wasn't going to turn out that way I didn't want to keep playing. But that should not have made me stop trying.
That's what walking by sight does. It keeps us from responding to God's word. It distracts us away from treasuring the truth of God. It stops us from growing. Walking by faith says,"I trust you God as I keep walking."

We're all tempted at some point to look towards what we see. It's then, we need to stop, look up and place our focus back on God.

If you find yourself struggling at what your life looks life right now, look up. Be encouraged. God is working. He has not forgotten you. He is with you. His word says in1 Corinthians 13:12 says, "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known."

Phillippians 3:12 sayssays,"Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus."

Press on. One day we will see a greater reality. When you're close to giving up or becoming frustrated because of what you see, press on. Lay hold of what Jesus has given through salvation.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...