Thursday, June 3

Bring it to Jesus

One of the things I like to paint are fish. I painted this picture 1 year after graduating from college. Finding extra time on the weekends, I picked up the paintbrush again and got back into painting (I'm so glad I did!). I keep this painting to remind me how far I have come painting and sharing the gift of art God gave me.

In John 6, we find Jesus performing miracles on those who were sick. Then, he went up the mountain with his disciples and sat down (I can only imagine after a long day of work, the last thing you would want to see is a large crowd coming towards you!). Then the text abruptly goes into Jesus asking Phillip a question,"Where are we to buy bread, so that these may eat?" Phillip replied, "Two hundred denarii worth of bread is not sufficient for them, for everyone to recieve a little." He was focusing on the circumstance (which was a large hungry crowd) and not on the one who had the power to provide for the large hungry crowd.

He was with JESUS. The King of Kings, Lord of Lords, the Living Water, the Door, the Bread of Life. He can do anything! Yet, he didn't ask Jesus what He could do with the small fish and loaves. He logically thought about how he could fix the problem.

Friends, let's not fall into the same trap. We don't have all the answers. Let's bring it to Jesus and give it to Him. He can do anything!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...