Saturday, June 19

Knowing Jesus


As I was watching an old Billy Graham sermon on television tonight, my mind got stuck on something he said. Billy was talking about knowing Jesus and said, "we love Him, though we've never seen him." He didn't quote the verse, but the Holy Spirit helped me recall the scripture to mind.

1 Peter 7:8-9 says, "Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.(ESV)


Sometimes I forget I've never seen Jesus with my very own eyes. I am not crazy... I know I have never seen Him with my physical eyes. But, tonight when Billy Graham said, "we love Him, though we've never seen him," it hit me how real Jesus is to me everyday. I know He's real, but sometimes I become comfortable with knowing Him and forget how AWESOME it is that I know Him.... and I have never seen Him. Day in and day out, He is REAL. REAL. REAL to me everyday. How amazing is that? How wonderful is that? That is the power of the gospel, the power of Christ..living in me.Living in you.

Did you catch the last part of 1 Peter 7:9?

We rejoice with joy. It's inexpressible and filled with glory. Inexpressible joy --it's that sense you have when you think about Jesus and your heart rejoices at the thought of Him, at the reading of His word. Joy isn't a feeling, because feelings are fleeting. Joy is what we are given by God through knowing Jesus. It's the outcome of our faith.


Think about how amazing it is that we can love Jesus even though we've never seen Him. It will make you stand in awe of how wonderful and powerful the gospel is. Maybe it's me, but I was just amazed tonight and thanked God for reminding me of how awesome it is to know Him as Father and have a REAL relationship with Him. Thank you God!



I know this is not what the real Jesus looks like, but it's the best I can do to draw Him. How wonderful that day will be when I will see Him face to face!















Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...