Monday, June 28

Manna Mondays- Week Five


Hey friends! It's a great day to praise the LORD and it's Manna Monday again! No better thing to do than to set our hearts toward memorizing God's word. It's always makes for a great start to our week! Our focus is to memorize Psalm 139 in its entirety. We can do it! Let's not grow weary but press on toward hiding God's word!

Psalm 139

1 O LORD You have searched me and known me.


2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.


3 You discern my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.


4 Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.


5 You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.



Let's take a look at a few cross references to Psalm 139:5.

  • Psalm 34:7, "The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, And rescues them."

  • Psalm 125:2, "As the mountains surround Jerusalem, So the LORD surrounds His people."

  • Cross reference to Psalm 125:2 is Psalm 121:8 which says, "The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in From this time forth and forever."
Each cross reference to Psalm 139:5 describes more about how God encloses us- how He hems us in. He surrounds us like the mountains surround Jerusalem. He guards our going out and coming in. He encamps around us. He is not only on one side, but he completely all around us. What makes this verse even more personal is that God's hand of protection is upon us. We are always under His watchful eye and Hand of protection. We are never out of his care. There is no better thing we can deposit into our minds this week than the truth that God is our protector and HE completely surrounds us everywhere all the time.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...