Monday, May 31

Coming Clean -Part 3

1. Pursue a Clean Heart
Isaiah 1:16 says, "Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes; cease to do evil,..." (ESV)

Like dirty cars and dirty dishes, uncleanness needs constant action and attention. That's why our quiet times with God are vital for growing in grace. Just like we know when its time to pull over for a car wash, we know when our hearts are in need of a good cleansing. Although our cars don't need cleansing everyday, our hearts do. Clean hearts respond quicker to God's word. Clean hearts are ready to be used. They don't have to wait to be washed because they already are washed.



2. Come Clean Quickly

David delayed in confessing his sin of adultery. Becuase he delayed, he invited sin to rule over his heart and committed more sin on top of the adultery. His heart was filthy. But what is so encouraging is that even when he had let sin go too far, his heart was not completely hopeless. He responded to the confrontation by Nathan the prophet. In Psalm 51:1-3 David confesses to God,

"Have mercy on me,O God, according to your steadfast love;
according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,and cleanse me from my sin!
For I know my transgressions,and my sin is ever before me." (ESV)

3. Keep God's Word in View

The only thing that can wash our hearts is God's word. Keep it in view. Don't let it out of your sight. Find a place where you keep it in view so you will have no excuse to not open it.







on
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...