Monday, October 18

Manna Monday: Jesus, Our Wonderful Counselor


Wonderful Counselor
"For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government will be on his shoulders, And he will be called Wonderful Counselor. Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)
Jesus is my wonderful counselor. We talk about a lot of stuff in life. But there are times that I wait to come to Him. When that happens, it is always the wrong choice. It's nobody's fault but my own. You see no matter how many times I ask others for their advice or for their opinion, there is no one who can give me greater advice than Jesus. The problem occurs when I don't open my bible. I don't hear Jesus speak to me when my bible is closed. When I don't pray and become quiet and still before a holy God, I won't hear Him speak to my heart.

You and I have the AWESOME privilege to have the King of Kings to talk to and listen to us every minute of every day. We have the ability to look at His word and hear His counsel. He has given us His word so we can know His thoughts. We can read about what pleases Him and what does not. His counsel is perfect, pure, and unfailing. Who is a friend you go to for advice that is perfect, pure and unfailing?(That's what I thought....no one!)

Look at these verses:

  • "You will guide me with your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. (Psalm 73:24)
  • The LORD of hosts......"Is wonderful in counsel and excellent in guidance." (Isaiah 28:29)
  • "And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor. (Isaiah 9:6)
I needed to be reminded that His counsel is "excellent in guidance."  Didn't you? I pray these verses and just the thought of being reminded of the truth that we have a Wonderful Counselor, the best counselor anyone could ever have encourages you wherever you are today.

 I don't know what you might be needing to ask the LORD today. I don't know what's on your mind that you need wise counsel about, but this I know...... that our LORD is a Wonderful Counselor.

Prayer:
God, thank you that your word tells us that you are our Wonderful Counselor. Forgive us when we don't come to you God. Help us listen as we come to you and speak to us through your word. I give you _______________________ LORD. Take it, and lead me to your truth when I open my bible. Show me what I am supposed to do. I love you God. Amen

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Another good post. You are a good writer and have a good blog. Will be watching the video below then leaving. Enjoyed the "visit."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warren, Thank you so much for ALL your comments today! I greatly appreciate them!!!!! Thank you for your encouragement about the content of Joy Treasure. I have been working on it since May and getting into the swing of things. I really do cherish your feedback about the content for I want to point others to Christ and not me. So glad you enjoyed the visit. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...