Wednesday, July 21

Think about the word  inadequate.

This is the word that's been coming to mind lately as I seek to do new things in life and new things for God. I find myself thinking, "I feel so inadequate to do this....I'm out of my comfort zone." But that's not a bad thing. It's quite good. As I walk more closely with Jesus, I find it is EXACTLY what JESUS wants me to be. He is more than adequate for my inadequacies.

Ten years ago, I would have taken on a challenge and not have thought another thing about it. I would have prayed, "God, help me, and then go about my business and trust in my own abilities (not even realizing what I was doing.) Today, when I take on new challenges I quickly think," LORD, please help me, I can't do this without you. I need you. You've got to make a way for me."

Am I weak? The world would say so. Am I lacking confidence? No. My confidence is no longer in myself or my abilities anymore, but in the LORD's power to work through me as I yield to HIM day by day.

Being a wife and mother has opened myself up to the feelings of inadequacy (probably the most!)There are so many new things to learn as a wife and a mother. There are days I feel like I can't do the job. I do good and then I fail. But, when I turn back to God and give him my burdens, I find the feelings of inadequacy turn into a quiet confidence- a confidence in God's power and strength instead of my own limited abilities. He gives me the confidence to move forward and face the challenge of the day. Some days it's all I can do to say, "here LORD....here's another!"

When I feel inadequate Romans 11:36 helps me remember that God is working through my lack of experience. It says,"For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever." Every ability I have comes from God and any new ability I have need of will come from God, through God working in my life going back to Him to give Him the glory.

Paul said it best about being inadequate(having no confidence in the flesh). He knew what it was to trust in his own abilities, his own accomplishments. He had trusted in them before he knew Christ. As a servant for Christ, he said, "For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh--though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more:" (Philippians 3:2-3)

Feeling inadequate today? That's great! It is a good place to be!
God has room to come in and work through you! Listen to Him and watch Him work through your inadequacies.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...