Friday, July 9


One of my favorite people in the bible is Abraham. Of course, my most favorite would be God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. (Had to clarify that I do not worship Abraham... I worship God!) But when it comes to the people God called, I love to watch Abraham's life unfold right before my very eyes in the written words of the bible. Through the years, there are some things that I love about his life and I wanted to share one with you today and the other four will appear on a few other posts. 

When I read God's word, I am always thinking, "How can I apply your word to my life Lord? What do you want me to do with this truth?" Through these simple questions and prayer, God will always impress upon my heart what that looks like in my life. One truth gleaned from Abraham's life that keeps speaking to me a lot is:

1. He Responded to God Quickly:

Hebrews 11:8-9  says, "By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed by going out to a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he lived as an alien in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs of the same promise; ..."

The text doesn't tell us that he hesitated or took his time leaving his comfortable home. It tells us that when God called him, he OBEYED even though he didn't know where he was going. It says, "by faith..." he obeyed. "By faith," he lived as an alien in a foreign land.

I could write a lot more about this topic, but let's not miss the point. Let's keep it simple. The simplicity of this truth is that it is difficult to apply at times. There are moments in our life, that we do want to hesitate or drag our feet all the while knowing that God is calling us to move.

I don't know where you are in your life today, but is God calling you to move out and obey Him? Is He calling you to respond without reservation or question and trust His calling?  Friend, step out and move forward with Him. There is nothing HE cannot do. There's no better place to be than following His lead. Think about this today and read back over the scripture above.

Enjoy God and the great adventure He has for your life.
Get up and move.....quickly!

Joy 2 U!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...