Monday, July 12

Manna Mondays- Week Seven


Can you believe we're on the seventh week of Psalm 139! I love it! Don't you? I pray this past week you were able to stop and consider just like the Psalmist said in verse six,"such knowledge is to too wonderful for me." The knowledge that God knows us better than anyone and that He would call us into an intimate relationship with Him is so wonderful. Sometimes, I am so amazed that He loves me like He does.

Our verse this week is Psalm 139:7 which says, "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence." There is no place where we can hide from God. No where we can flee from His presence. A great biblical example that expresses this truth is the life story of Jonah. Jonah didn't want to do the job God had for him, so he thought he could run away from God and go his own way. Of course we know he couldn't run away from God. No one can.What Jonah found to be true was that God would find him wherever he was.

When we are having a great day, God is with us. When we are lonely, God is with us. When we don't understand our circumstances, God is with us. When we are waiting on God to answer our prayers, God is with us. When we do laundry or clean the dishes, God is with us. When we choose to sin against Him and go our own way, even then, He is still with us. We cannot flee from His presence. We are never out of His sight. Let us seek to live our lives pleasing Him and find enjoyment knowing that there is no where we can live without God being there. Thank you God that YOU are with us and there is NO WHERE we can flee from your presence!

Psalm 139
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?


Where can I flee from your presence?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...