Monday, July 26

Manna Mondays- Verse 9 and 10


Good Manna Monday Morning!

Wow! I can't believe I've been blogging consistently for almost three months now. Thank you God! Thanks to all who have been following Joy Treasure as well. What a JOY it has been to share with you wonderful treasures from God's word. It is only HIS word that brings joy to our hearts. The more we know God, the more we can enjoy Him.

For this week's Manna Monday I combined verses 9-10 this week to make it easier to memorize.
To refresh your memory, here is the entire text we have been memorizing:

1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.

2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.

3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.

4 Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

5 You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?

8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.

9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,


10 Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.


The cross reference for Psalm 139:10 is Psalm 23:2 which says,"He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters." As the good shepherd leads his sheep toward green pastures where they can rest, eat and be safe, so does God lead us, the people of his pasture. The word that jumped off the page to me was the word "lead." The cross reference for the word "lead" in Psalm 23:2 is Revelation 7:17 which says,"for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

WOW! One day God promises we will live with Him forever and never thirst again, never be weary or worn out again. How intimate that God not only knows the number of our tears here on earth but He promises to wipe every one away from our eyes.

When I think about the people who have wiped the tears from my face, they have been people in my life who have intimately known me like my parents, grandparents, husband. How personal God's word describes Him to us, that He will wipe EVERY tear from our eyes one day.

Praise God for leading and guiding us each and every day!
Thank Him for the promise of heaven one day.
What a joy that will be!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...