Monday, May 3

Abandoned


My favorite devotional is ,"My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. It was a Christmas present given to me 11 years ago by my aunt and uncle.

On April 28th Oswald writes, "Are you prepared to let God take you into union with Himself, and pay no more attention to what you call great things? Are you prepared to abandon entirely and let go? The test of abandonment is refusing to say--"Well what about this?" Beware of suppositions. Immediately you allow--What about this?-- it means you have not abandoned, you really do not trust God. Immmediately you do abandon, you think no more about what God is going to do. Abandon means to refuse yourself the luxury of asking any questions.


How many times do we find ourselves saying, "well, what about this?"

My human nature wants to ask 'why' because my human nature is selfish. At the heart of selfishness is a desire to be in control and rely on self and not on God. God doesn't want me to rely on myself. I am sinful. He wants me to depend on Him and His limitless ability.

Instead of asking "why or what" say "yes Lord." Imagine what can happen when you and I truly abandon the luxury of asking questions and fall toward trusting God and his Word.

Let me hear from you about this application in abandonment. What does this look like in your life?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...