Thursday, May 6

What does God Desire?

Sometimes I find myself thinking, "this is not the way God intended life to be!" Watching a friend live a life away from the LORD is painful and frustrating.
So what do you do? How do you reach out to them but not condone their lifestyle?

Prayer.

The greatest way I can get in on God's Kingdom Work is to pray--praying for His will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven in my life and in other people's lives.

The problem with that is that sometimes, I become weary in praying for others close to me when their complicated life seems to become only more complicated and messy. I just want to give up and give in. My flesh says, "there's no way out" but God's spirit in my heart says, "God still changes lives!"

Recently, I found something simple and effective that has helped to re-energize my intercession prayer life.

I simply ask myself:
"What does God desire for this person's life?"
"What does God desire for this person to know about who HE is?"
"What does God desire for this person's life to look like?"


When I ask these simple questions, I remove my emotions and opinions and invite God's word to rule over my prayer life. The energy ushered into my prayer life is a complete 180compared to before.

If you know God has called you to pray for someone yet find yourself looking at their lives thinking, "How LORD? I don't see how LORD?" then get out of the way and ask, "LORD, what do you desire for their life?" What are they in need of today? How would you have me respond to them?" By taking the focus off of what we think about their lives, we surrender to God and get in on His work by asking Him what He would desire for their life. When we get out of the way we can let the Spirit lead us to scripture we can pray over their life. Our weariness becomes energized by God when we take time to come and ask what God would desire for this person instead of what we think should happen to their lives. Instead of weariness experienced in our prayers, we gain fresh purpose and focus.

We all have people in our lives that we become tired of praying for. If you've found yourself tired and worn out from praying for a family member, a loved one, friend, neighbor, or co-worker, ask God,"What do desire for their life?"

Jesus said in the LORD's prayer, "thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." He was praying for heaven to come to earth. For God's ways to be carried out on earth.

Don't give up on those who don't know Jesus. Don't call it hopeless and turn your heart away from those God has called you to pray for. God has a reason for us to be there in their life. We must look to Him and not ourselves.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...