Saturday, May 29

Coming Clean- Part 2



What sin in your heart do you need to confess to God today?

Isaiah 1:15-17 says,"When you spread out your hands,I will hide my eyes from you;
even though you make many prayers,I will not listen;your hands are full of blood.
Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean;remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes;cease to do evil,learn to do good;seek justice,correct oppression;bring justice to the fatherless,plead the widow’s cause." (ESV)

I want my heart to be clean before God. I want Him to get the dirt off. I don't want for my sin to hinder my relationship with Him. But there are days that there is sin I don't confess. I know it. I ignore it. It's like where Paul talked about in Romans where he knows what he should do but doesn't do it. Obedience to God's word is surrending ourselves daily first to come honestly before Him by asking Him to wash our hearts clean.

Try this in your quiet time today:
1. Come quietly before God. Think about the Names of God. Praise Him for who He is.
2. Ask Him to open your eyes to unconfessed sin. Wait for Him to reveal it to you. Is there a scripture that the Holy Spirit brings to mind? Write it down and focus on it all day.
3. Ask for His forgiveness. Thank Him for bringing you back to Himself with a clean heart.

Waiting before God is surrendering to Him. It's easier to tell God what you desire than to be still before Him. Don't come telling Him what you want today. Get your heart in order first.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...