Monday, May 24

Joy on Vacation




Aghhh. the beach. I love it! What a picture of how big our God is! When I am there, I am always reminded there is nothing He cannot do, nothing He does not know and nothing too impossible or outside of His grasp.

This week I wanted to praise God for his creation. I was reminded of this verse:

Psalm 148:7 (New International Version)

7 "Praise the LORD from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,.."


Vacation was great but getting tonsilitis was not so great. Being sick away from home made me appreciate the little things I take for granted. Thankfully, we found a doctor and got the medicine I needed.

Two things I learned this vacation:
#1-if you think you'll really sick, find a doctor.
#2-enjoy the time you have left on vacation.

Joy on vacation is being thankful you have time to spend with family and a place to relax away from home. It doesn't mean you get to have the perfect vacation every time. Last year we went to the beach and it rained with 20 mph winds the entire time. This year I got sick for half of it. One of the things I am learning is how to not create such big expectations that cannot be fulfilled. To enjoy the day for what it is and for who I am with. If I think about tomorrow, I miss today. If I think about what I missed out on yesterday, I miss today. All God gives us is today. Enjoy it. Treasure Christ and embrace each moment.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...