Monday, January 10

Manna Monday-Our thoughts of God

"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary." Isaiah 40:28 (KJV)

Do you ever consider the "majesty" of God consistently? I can say, I try, but I don't always meditate on the majesty of God like I should. I want to though. 
J.I. Packer says, "The word majesty, when applies to God, is always a declaration of his greatness and an invitation to worship. The same is true when the Bible speaks of God as being on high and in heaven; the thought here is not that God is far distant from us in space, but that he is far above us in greatness, and therefore is to be adored. "Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise" (Psalm 48:1). 
I agree with Packer that we don't make much of God in our thoughts like we should. We fail to reckon with the reality that everything about God is limitless. Everything. Abundantly glorious. Instead, we clutter our minds with shallow thoughts about our self or other things and hardly leave any room for thinking upon the greatness of God. How often we forget there are no limits to His knowledge, power, love, and understanding, forgiveness,- that His ways are unsearchable and His kingdom is unshakable. I could go on...And when we do take the time to consider the great ways of God, are we accepting His greatness as an invitation to worship Him? Or, do we look at these great truths with familiarity and say, "I know God is great, I know He did this, I know He did that" and miss opportunities to respond to His majesty. Let's not become too comfortable in our thoughts about the greatness of God. God is not like us. He never wearies, and is high above us. He is continually worthy of our praise.

Ascribe Him much greatness today in your thoughts.

Reckon with the reality of his greatness!

As usual on Mondays, I am praying for you all.
I'd love to hear from you!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...