Wednesday, November 17

What's your Thanksgiving Tradition?

Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite holidays.

It's a time for good eating, good fun with family and reflecting on the things in life we are to be thankful for. Thanksgiving for me has changed though. The years where my grandparents would come over and eat with us are long gone. All are present with the LORD now. How I miss them so much! Thinking back on those years of Thanksgiving memories brings a tear to my eyes. I remember their smiles and their laughter. Most of all I miss their hugs and kisses. I miss talking with them.

The traditions I still enjoy today are my mother's famous cornbread dressing and pecan pie. Just last year, I learned something about her pecan pie which I never knew. It was my great-grandmother's recipe. Mom said she was a fabulous cook who could make the best fried chicken ever.Mom was given her recipe and has used it every Thanksgiving of my life. How I wish I could have met her! She sounded like a funny lady. She was always playing jokes on everyone so my mom tells me. But the only thing I have of her is her pecan pie recipe.Take my word for it, It's out of this world! I have tried lots of pecan pie in my time, but my great-grandmother's truly is the best. I will try to get the recipe for you guys this weekend from my mom to post.

With my own family, we go around the table and tell something we are thankful for that year. It is always a time of great joy in sharing together. It's a tradition I want to pass along to my son so when he grows older he can pass it along to his family.

What do you love about Thanksgiving?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...