Monday, November 22

Manna Monday- Thank you God



How do you thank God on Thanksgiving? It's so easy to get wrapped up in the turkey and pumpkin pie that sometimes Thanksgiving can be more about the meal than the thanks.With Thanksgiving day just around the corner, I wanted to share with you some things I am thankful for in my own life. I pray it encourages you to take time and reflect on things you have to be thankful for in your life as well. Thankfulness shouldn't be thought of only at Thanksgiving but should be continually in the mind of the believer.

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 – "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
With my father being ill this Thanksgiving season we are giving thanks during all circumstances, even cancer. God has shown us He is with all of us, including my father, as he has journeyed through cancer. We were supposed to go to the mountains for Thanksgiving, but won't be able to. Should that make me sad? No. Because Thanksgiving can be celebrated anywhere. It's who you celebrate it with that makes it special. So I am giving thanks in the circumstance and finding that the joy of the LORD truly is my strength during this Thanksgiving season ........even with a parent who has cancer.
  • Deuteronomy 8:10 – "When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you."

  • After reading this scripture, I thought how a song of praise would be fitting to God after a nice family meal don't you think! I am still thinking which song would be a good one to share. Leave a comment if you can think of a good one. Maybe that could become a great tradition to start in my family on Thanksgiving day. To end with a song!

  • Psalm 75:1 – "We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds."

  • One of the things I will be thinking of this Thanksgiving is all the wonderful deeds God has revealed in the bible and even more importantly that His NAME is near to the believer. His name is like no other name. God's most common name- Jehovah. Compound names exist. They are:

    Jehovah Jireh- The Lord will provide ( Gen. 22:13-14)
    Jehovah Nissi- The Lord, my Banner (Exodus 17:15)
    Jehovah Shalom- The Lord is Peace  (Judges 6:24)
    Jehovah Sabaoth- The Lord of hosts (Psalm 68:17; 104:4; 148:2; Mt. 26:53)
    Jehovah Rohi- The Lord is my Shepherd ( Psalm 23:1)
    Jehovah Tsidkenu- The Lord our Righteousness ( Jer. 23:6)
    Jehovah Shammah- The Lord is Present ( Ezek. 48:35)
    Jehovah Rapha- The Lord our Healer ( Ex. 15:2)
    How has he showed you His name in your own life?

    Here are some things I am thankful to God for in 2010:

    My family
    My home
    My health, my family's health
    Friends, new friends, and new mom friends so my son can play with other kids his own age.
    Providing for my family through a poor U.S. economy
    My church family- whom I love dearly!
    My Sunday school family- the ability to share life with God with other believers
    New things I have learned about God and His word this year.
    My pastor and his family.
    Freedom to worship God in His sanctuary every Sunday.
    Being able to share the gospel with those of other languages.
    Witnessing the fruit of laboring for Christ.
    God's mercy on me through salvation.
    God's grace, which I continually learn more about each year.
    The ability to be used by God despite my weakness.
    Growing stronger on the inside despite the decaying of this worldly body on the outside.
    Christian mentors who show me how to live and love more like Christ.
    The access I have to God through prayer. That I can talk to him anywhere, anytime.
    That God hears and answers prayers in ways more than I could ever imagine.
    The gift of song. A voice to sing to God and be used as witness of God and His love to the body of believers.

    I've got so much to be thankful for this year. There is much more but this post has to end sometime! I pray God will use it to encourage you to reflect on everything He has done in your life in 2010. If you have time, share with me what He has done in your life. I would love to hear it!
    Blessing to you friends. I am praying for you!

    This is my prayer for you on Manna Monday: "

  • Colossians 3:17 – "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Wherever you go this week and whatever you say may you all do it in the name of the LORD Jesus. May you be mindful of Him in each day. May your love and commitment to Christ be contagious to those around you. May God grant you strength to endure difficult family situations(if you have to!) so that you may be a shining light for Him in your family.


















  • Pin It!

    2 comments:

    1. I LOVE your blog!!! You are truly an inspiration, and I pray that you continue to share the Good News of the Lord!!!


      Many Blessings!
      xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you Anonymous! What a blessing from the LORD to recieve such encouragement on this glorious Monday from you! I truly thank you for stopping to write a comment about the Joy Treasure blog. I cherish it. I really really do! Please stop back by and please tell your friend to stop by also! Love you my friend! You keep me going!Just knowing that others are being encouraged in the LORD through this blog keeps me writing!

      ReplyDelete

    I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...