Monday, November 1

Manna Monday: Walk this Way!

Good Manna Monday morning friends! This Monday's scripture is topically focused on the word "walk."
There's no excuse. The bible has a lot to say about how we are to walk as believers. In fact, that is exactly what we are digging deep for in today's scripture treasure hunt! So hold on, leave all your cares at the feet of Jesus and let's get going.

Each year on vacation my father would make us walk to the top of Clingman's dome in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. You say, that doesn't sound too bad. (Oh yeah!) It's just a walk to the top of a mountain on a paved sidewalk. How hard can it be? Well, it's hard. Believe me. Now, I can walk for a long time, but to walk up the mountain means you have to endure and pace yourself.  The air is thinner and the higher you go and it becomes harder to breathe. You get tired quickly and realize you're not gonna make it to the top unless you keep focused and put one foot in front of the other. As a child, I wanted to be finished with walking up the mountain so I would start out like a sprint and quickly become out of breath and ready to sit down for a spell. Each year my father took us there, I hated walking up that mountain. In time, I learned not to sprint to the finish but to take each step knowing I was moving closer to the top. Now, I look back on that vivid memory and think about my own christian walk. It's just like that. You see, the view is absolutely spectacular at the top of Clingman's Dome. You can see for miles and miles. It is the highest point in the state of Tennessee. So it's high! Very high! But you can't see the view unless you keep walking. You miss it if you sprint, get tired and give up.


The view from the top of Clingman's Dome
So many times in my daily walk with the LORD I find myself sprinting, wanting to get life over and be done with one thing moving on to the next thing. But that's not what God has for me. It's not what He has for you friend. He wants for us to take one step at a time and trust Him and His word to provide the light we need for our next step. God has a purpose for our walking and we will miss seeing what all He has in store for us if we give up.

The bible records people walked with God. Here are a few:(there are more)

 Genesis 5:24
"Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away."

Genesis 6:9
"This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God."

The Old Testament records a way to walk:

Deuteronomy 5:33
"Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess."

We are to walk in God's truth:
Psalm 86:11
"Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name."
Proverbs 28:26
"He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe."

Jeremiah 6:16
"This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'"

We show our love for God by the way we walk in obedience to His commands.
2 John 1:6
"And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love."

Wherever you are today in your walk with the LORD, don't give up. Keep walking. Take one day at a time, one step at a time with one scripture at a time. Cling to God's word. Tomorrow will take care of itself for its not here yet. We don't have a promise for tomorrow today. So live in today. Walk humbly in this day.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...