Wednesday, November 24

My Great-Grandmother's Pecan Pie Recipe

I love Pecan Pie! It is one of my favorite things to eat on Thanksgiving Day. But the one I love the most is my great-grandmother's recipe that my mom makes every year on Thanksgiving. I wanted to share it with you all. I hope you enjoy!

Great-Grandmother Snowden's Pecan Pie
(6-8 servings)
1/2 cup sugar
2 T. cornstarch
3 eggs, well beaten
2 T. milk
1 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 t. vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked

Mix sugar and cornstarch.
Add eggs; beat well.
Add remaining ingredients.
Pour into pie shell.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to 375 degrees; Continue baking for 35 minutes or until firm.

Happy cooking and a Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...