Saturday, November 20

A Saturday Blog Vacation

I thought since today was Saturday we could take a blog vacation! Pour yourself a cup of coffee, sit back, relax and reminisce with me over my trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It's been six years since I last visited. I look forward to the day we get to return. In my opinion, it's one of the most beautiful places in the good ole U S of A.

If you're looking to get away from everything and be close to the most beautiful creation God has made.....Jackson Hole is the place. I would hop on a plane tomorrow if I could! I'm telling you it is gorgeous! Anyone want to buy me a ticket?

This is a pic on a float trip down the Snake River. Saw a momma moose and her babies near the end of the trip that day. Aww.....the view. Breathtaking isn't it?  These are the chains of mountains Ansel Adams took a picture of that has become so famous. The story was told to me that he photographed his picture from the top of the road overlooking the Snake River. Let's move on we've got more to see!

So....I got talked in to riding horses up the mountain you see behind me. I wasn't too enthusiastic about this ride. I got off. I got back on and I did ride the horse. So glad I did. You'll see why in a minute!
Horses and I don't really get along. I like'em..... but I'm not warm and fuzzy about being that far off the ground!

Okay, so I totally didn't ride the horse all by myself. I was led around the mountain by the guide! Give me credit, at least I stayed on it! My husband thought it was funny documented the entire ride.
But look what I would have missed...................the view at the top of the mountain! Nothing like being able to see this view. It made the effort worth it all!






One of my favorite mountain wildflowers- Mountain Holly cock. Isn't it a pretty shade of pink! The day, as I remember, was perfect. The weather was perfect. It's one of those days where everything around you is so beautiful all you can say is, "Thank you God." He gives creation for us to enjoy. From the massive mountains to the fragile flowers. All for our enjoyment.






Yep. There was a traffic jam down the road. A buffalo! He didn't seem to be in a hurry. Not one bit at all!

This was the view behind our condo every morning where I had my quiet times with God. Now you see why I loved it. Where on earth could there be a better spot to study God's word and pray?

Well, time is up for our blog vacation. I hope you have enjoyed our destination!

One of the things about being thankful is remembering life. The more you remember, the more you become thankful for what you have. Take time to remember everything you have comes from God. The more we remember all God has given us, the more we'll live in the contentment of Christ, because we will be focused on the giver instead of the things.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...