Wednesday, November 10

Does God?

My son continually asks me loads of questions about God and His creation. I treasure each and every one of them. They always keep me thinking about ways to explain God's truth to his little heart. Just the other night while driving, he asked, "Does God have a big remote in the sky to turn off the sun?" I chuckled and then belly laughed! What imagination he has at his age! He knows we use a remote to turn his videos off and on. So, it would make sense to him that God would have the same thing too, especially for the sun.

A couple of years ago, we got rid of our vehicle because it had a video player in it. Sounds extreme but I had become disgusted by the fact I hadn't thought much about playing videos while driving. (I am not against videos, but I do believe we are the ones to filter things for our children!) Lesson learned! Each time I would turn it on, I began to notice my son would stop looking around and just focus only on the video. He wouldn't talk to me or notice the things I pointed out the window anymore. I came to understand I had not filtered the world away from his eyes. Determined, my husband and I agreed the vehicle would have to go. Video's would only be seen at home. So it is today in our family. I am so glad we made the change!

The DVD player, the main feature we "oohed" and "ahhhhhd" over, was THE reason we bought the vehicle in the first place. I can testify and say one of the blessings of not having that video player inside the car anymore is that he and I have lots of meaningful and special conversations about and life and God. These are some of what I call, "mission moments" while we drive along the road.

So, to answer his question the other night, I responded by saying the bible tells us that, "... the sun knows when to go down." Psalm 104:19 and Jeremiah 31:35 which says, "...he who appoints the sun to shine by day, who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night,.." He was amazed that God could do such a thing and not have a remote!

Listen to your children. Turn off the world's distractions and listen to their questions. You will learn much about what they think about life, friends, school and God. You will come to see you know more about God's word than you think you do.

If you don't have children, there will be questions that come your way you won't think you have the answers to. But listen to what the person is asking and ask God to lead you to recall his scripture so you can share the truth with whoever is before you asking questions. He will do it! He will!

Thanks for stopping by today and let me hear from you!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...