Tuesday, February 14

My Funny Valentine Critters

Hope you all have a great Valentines day today!!
I normally don't post on Tuesdays but I thought this was worth sharing today.
Be encouraged, you will get a laugh!

 I had the best intentions to make something extra special with my son for his class (together with my son!!)
 I ordered these little paper candy holders to put together.
I THOUGHT they would be stickers to place on top of the critters and would be easy to assemble.

Easy was what I thought!

A closer look would have told me that these little critters would take lots more time.
Hours of more time!

My Motivation
It seems like these days we just buy stuff and give it away and that's it, the card is thrown in the trash. No big deal. Nothing really memorable. Everything is like a fast food wrapper- easily opened and easily forgotten. So I thought I would use this Valentines day to teach my son how to take pride in making something extra special for his classmates. At this point there are only twelve! Can't imagine making more of these little
critters.
 
When I opened the bag and saw the white templates (that we had to cut out), I came to see that possibly I had gotten in over my head and take my son along with me.
Yep, you guessed it....all hand cut and glued as well.

Then the lesson became about finishing what you start!

Anybody know what I am talking about?


I admit, they turned out super cute, BUT next time I will read the instructions online better before ordering.
I think it is a good thing to do something extra special for others, but to be reasonable in what is made and to be more wise with the time allotted. Lesson learned by this momma!

SOMETHING FUN IN THE HOME

Made this for our foyer. Wanted to bring something special into the home this Valentines Day. Didn't turn out like I thought. I like it  but would like to make something a little different next year since this was the first one. Might give this away in a Free Art Friday at some point.

Have a great Valentines day today friend! Enjoy those loved ones around you! Treasure the moment!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...