Thursday, October 6

Random Thoughts from Ashley

Sometimes there just isn't a big "Oh Yeah!' blog post on my mind. I've learned to be ok with that!!!
It doesn't mean I am not searching or seeking new ideas or trying to flesh out a thought, it's just some days I just don't have a deep thought!!! Since I have been working on my writing project, the blog posts have had to take the backseat. Sometimes I have a bunch of rambling thoughts inside my mind about life. So that is what I will be sharing from time to time on:

                                                          Random Thoughts from Ashley.


                                                         Thoughts about House Cleaning
A dear friend of mine was talking about how she was taking advice from her sister-in-law on keeping the dishes clean. In the past I would load my dishwasher and if there wasn't enough room in the washer, I would leave them in my sink and clean them the next morning. But leaving them in my sink makes me feel like there is more to do when I wake up. So then, I would stay up late and load my dishwasher for a second time. So, she told me that her sister-in- law handwashed the dishes left in her sink instead of waiting to put them in the washer. WHY didn't I think of that? Well, I did think of that. But who wants to wash dishes when you have a dishwasher? I have come to see that even with this smallest household dilemma, Proverbs 31 speaks to the issue-laziness.
 
Proverbs 31:27 says,
"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." 

As I live a life that honors God, I want to be a woman who watches over her household and not eat the bread of idleness. So I am keeping my sink clean! And it makes all the difference when I keep the sink clean for the next day. Thank goodness for good friends who can share their simple no brainer ideas about keeping a cleaner house! What is it that you are watching over in your household? Would love to hear from you!


                                                        Thoughts about the World
There are some things in life I can't change. The political issues going on around me. The economy. The culture. People.  If you look at the world and get fixated on the issues at hand, it will make you discouraged. That's not where I want to place my thoughts. I want to place them back on the Lord. I can do my part in voting, in being a good steward of the resources God has given me and in praying for my country. I can encourage others going through a difficult time, but there are things that are out of my hands. So, I look to the one who is in charge of ALL the changes and I place my hope in Him.




This week when I bought groceries, a young gentlemen walked me out to put them in my car. He was telling me about all  the deaths that had been going on around him. I asked him if I could pray for him and he said, "I'm ok. I don't need it." He proceeded to tell me his friend now was, "enlightened." He said, "he now knows all the secrets of the earth." My heart sunk. He was not a believer and his heart was so cold about death and about accepting prayer. I wish I could say I did everything right at that moment. I didn't. I was busy thinking about my daily agenda and then in the middle of my day, came an opporunity to share Christ. Isn't that just how it is! What I am going to do is continue the conversation with him each time I visit the grocery store. I know this is a heart God wants me to sow seeds of truth over. Who is it that God wants you to sow seeds of truth over?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...