Wednesday, October 5

Quotes to Think On: Sin

I am always trying to stretch my brain my reading books written by the great minds of theologians and authors of long ago. Sometimes I feel like I know them, even though they are in heaven, because their godly wisdom has long since outlived them. Their wisdom has helped to guide my life. How awesome is that!!!

Recently, I was reading The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith (Barbour Publishing, 2010), 13. Originally published its first time in 1870, Hannah still speaks to me today from her book. In the first chapter, she is talking about how believers have the power to live in this world and overcome sin. She said:


You may be dealing with a sin that just keeps coming back and you don't think you will ever be able to overcome it. Trust Jesus. Bring it back to His feet. If believers were not supposed to have victory over sin and live victoriously on this earth, Jesus would have saved us and sent us right on to heaven. But we DO have power to live on this earth. We DO have the power to change. Isn't that encouraging!!!
The Bible says we are more than conquerors.

Romans 8:37 says, "in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."

You are not defeated if you know Jesus Christ inside your heart. You are a victor!
Search the scriptures and seek God's word about the sin that is weighing you down. Pray. Don't keep doing the same thing. Yield to the Holy Spirit and quit giving in to the same old sin. To continue on in the sin is believing that you are not a victor and that Jesus has no power to help you live in this life victoriously.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...