Friday, April 22

Never Too Familiar with the Cross

Today is Good Friday, the day we remember how Jesus carried the cross on his back, listened to the crowd mock him as he carried the weight of the world's sin upon his shoulders, and suffered for you and for me so we would never know the sting of death. It's really a day to remember that we are in a right relationship with God because of salvation through Jesus.

Let us not rush through the day and forget about the power of the cross.
I still remember the day Jesus saved me and called me His own.
Seems like yesterday. Where would I be without Jesus? Where would you be without Jesus?

Since then, I have heard thousands of messages and sermons about the cross.
But I have to admit, sometimes the cross seems too familiar when you grow up in the church.
You hear about it all the time.

Forgive me LORD for being too familiar with the cross and the work you did for me, for others on the cross.

My prayer for you today is that the cross would not become too familiar to your heart..that you would live to continually embrace the power of the cross in your life and live in thankfulness of the finished work Jesus did for you and for me at the cross in regards to sin and death. REMEMBER!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...