Monday, April 25

Manna Monday- Fellowshipping Around the King's Table

"Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'" And he added, "These are the true words of God." Revelation's 19:9

I pray all of you got an extra helping of God's presence this past Easter Weekend.
May we never take for granted the power of the cross.
I must share with you something that has been on my mind.

On Good Friday, we did something different at my church during the LORD's supper- we sang before and after we ate the bread and drank the grape juice. The song was entitled, "Behold the Lamb: Communion Hymn." What was so special about singing this song with the congregation was that the words talked about sitting around the table of the King and having the Lord's supper. My mind quickly was reminded of the scripture in Revelation's 9:19 (see above).I cannot imagine what it will be like to dine at the King's table in heaven.Can you? I know it's real because scripture tells us it is real.

 As I sat in the choir loft watching the congregation sing these words I got goose bumps. All I could do was just smile as I sang and looked at my brothers and sisters in Christ. Sitting in the choir loft gave me the privilege to see everyone come together in one spirit and one focus to worship Jesus Christ. It was the best seat in the house. To me it was the closest glimpse of heaven I had ever encountered in my life. We were communing together remembering what Christ had done to bring us new life and hope. As I looked out amongst my heavenly family in the congregation singing about the body of Christ it was unlike anything I have ever experienced on earth. Normally, everyone sits in the congregation and we in the choir don't get a chance to see each face as communion takes place. I guess that is what made it so special. I wish everyone could have been sitting where I was because I think they would have felt the same thing too.

I can't describe the feeling that came over me, but it was an intimate feeling, a feeling of true joy as I gazed out towards my brothers and sisters partaking of the Lord's supper together. This is a taste of the song we sang below sung by Keith and Kristen Getty.



For as long as I live, I will never forget this communion time on Good Friday. It brings such joy to my heart to know this world is not all there is. It makes me treasure my christian family in the church more and more as I come to realize they too will be with me in heaven. Do I treat them like my earthly family here on earth? Do I love them like Christ would have me love them? Do I encourage them like I should encourage them. I pray I got you thinking of your heavenly home today. This world is not all there is. Praise God!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...