Monday, January 16

Words for 2012, not Resolutions

Drawn by Ashley, that's me! 2012

Hey Joy Treasure Friends!
 I am BACK!!!!
YAY!!!
I have missed my time here with y'all but I took some time off to enjoy my family during the Christmas season and take time to reflect on the new year.
New in Christ
Every year when the clock strikes midnight, I am reminded that in Christ I have a clean slate. For many people around the world, New Years is simply a time where everything bad in their life can be closed like a suitcase. It's a celebration of the life yet to come. For the world, there is a renewed hope in everything else but Christ. For me, just like the old year is gone and a new year has come, I don't have to wait for a new year to come to celebrate new opportunities and a renewed hope. In Christ, all things are new (2 Corinthians 5:17; Revelation 21:5). All things are new through Him every day, not just every year. It doesn't have to be a new year for you and I to know that we have a clean slate through Christ everyday. Let us really meditate and consider this wonderful truth!!!!

Getting Rid of the OLD

Three year ago, I began asking the LORD to give me a word or two for each new year, not a resolution. I asked Him, "What do You want me to focus on in my relationship with You, God? What is holding me back from growing in my relationship with You? What is something I need to change in my life as a wife and mother that I need to change that will benefit my family?" He began speaking to me through Scripture.
This year there are two more words for 2012. They are:


Drawn by Ashley, that's me!, 2012.
 
For my home life, the word God placed on my heart was PREPARE. I can't tell you how much time I have wasted trying to find sharpies, clothing, and different house ware items in my home. That's just a few of the things I have wasted time trying to find in 2011. The word PREPARE connects to being a good steward of what God has given me every day- my time, and my home. Preparing my home in a way that is organized makes being prepared for each day blossom out of an attitude of joy, not out of frustration due to wasted time looking for an "item." For instance, I had a junk drawer that was full of everything I needed, but the problem was, I couldn't find it!!!!! I had been looking for sharpies I don't know how many times in the same drawer to use for my son's school stuff. I never could find one. When I cleaned the drawer out, I found 12!!!! Yes, 12!!!!! They were there all the time and I had wasted time trying to find what was already present. So this year, I am focusing on changing the way I organize our home so that it makes sense for us. It is changing things for the better in our home!!!

God's second word to me was LISTEN. 

God speaks to me through His Word, my pastor and other believers. He speaks to me through life situations. But this time, God was asking me to listen more to what He was saying to me than to talk. He was asking me to be still and listen more. I thought I did a great job of listening to Him already. I really have learned how to listen to Him more, through the years, but this was a call for me to listen even more intently when I don't hear an answer. When I am confused or frustrated to make more time to listen to Him than to speak first. I guess you could say He was asking me to be listen before I speak to Him so quickly.  To look at each life situation before I start talking and telling Him what I want, what I think is the best answer. To seek His Word first and just listen.

So there you have it. These are my two words for 2012. So far, they are going GREAT! I have been making my way through my home organizing drawers and closets to be better prepared and know what I have in my household. And I am shutting my mouth first when I come before God and seeking to listen to His Word before I come at him through prayer with petition.

What are your words for 2012?
Do you have any?
I would love to hear!!!!!!
So glad to be back. Until next time!!!!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...