Monday, May 14

Manna Monday-The Laundry Challenge!

Ever find your Monday's boring, routine, mundane? Do you ever find yourself saying, "I hate the laundry, I wish I didn't have to do it. It's never clean......and so on?"

I have a challenge for you this week. For myself too! I call it "The Laundry Challenge."
To make myself remember, I made a sign of some things I wanted to ponder about God.
I wanted to meditate on some of His names:
  • Jehovah Jireh- The LORD Provides
  • Jehovah Shammah- The LORD is There
  • Jehovah Shalom- The LORD is Peace

As I go about my week doing laundry, whenever I look between my washer and dryer, there is a reminder of what I am to turn my thoughts to- The LORD! Yes, you can worship God in your laundry room!!!!

As I focus on these names of God while doing the laundry, I will be recounting the ways God has provided for me in the past and in the present. I will thank the LORD that He is always with me and that He never leaves me. I will thank the LORD for giving me His peace when I have to walk through a life storm, that He is my peace in an unpeaceful world and that I have eternal peace through Jesus Christ.

I know it's a challenge. But you can do it. I am doing it!!
Do something different to give spiritual attention to your mind and heart. Take the laundry challenge for one week and see how your mind will become renewed during the mundane times. No complaining about the laundry, no under your breath sighs, no thoughts about how you hate it. But thankfulness and a attention to God.

I want to hear from you this week!!! I really do!! What things about God are you focusing on this week?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...