Friday, March 16

Fabulosity Friday- The Listening Part of 2012

So it's March 16th and three months away from the beginning of the new year. Are you changing? Are you growing in your relationship with God? Or are you the same. Stagnant.

I have posted about the "prepare" part of the two words God gave me this year. But I want to speak about the "listen" part today in this post.

I truly believe that God is speaking to us all the time. The older I get, the more I see the ways that He is speaking to me. And unfortunately, many of the ways that He is speaking to me, I shrug off as unimportant and meaningless. Just because it's not what I was looking for doesn't mean He isn't speaking to me.

What am I talking about?

I will explain in this post.

If you haven't read the other "Fabulosity Friday" posts I will get you up to date. I don't believe in resolutions. But I do believe that in each year we are to examine our hearts, our lives and seek the LORD through the reading of His Word and through prayer about what He has for us in terms of growth and change. The two words He gave me this year were:


So many times we want God to listen to us but we don't want to listen to Him. Then, when we want to hear from Him, we want Him to tell us what we want to hear. God speaks through His Word, other believers, and through our circumstances. But how many times do we pass up what He is trying to tell us?

This week, I desperately needed to hear from my LORD. I was talking to Him. ALOT! But the way He spoke to me was not the way I thought it would be.

The other morning when I was driving home from carpool, a black crow flew right in front of me with food in it's mouth.
                 This is the best picture I could find since I wasn't able to take a picture of it while I was driving!!

God clearly reminded me about Matthew 6:31-34 which says:
"So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Immediately I began to recall the faithfulness of the LORD in my life and knew He was telling me to continue to seek HIM at all times, especially at this time in my life. I was comforted because I remembered He was going to provide for all my needs- emotionally, physically and spiritually. I remembered that if He would take care of the birds, He would also take care of me.

Listening to the LORD is seeking to hear from Him continually. It's looking around you and not missing things and thinking they are by chance but are put there by God.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...