Wednesday, November 9

Thankful for all things "A"


Ok. So I am continuing spelling the word "thanks" this week. Today is all things "A." I am thanking God for things as a believer that I have to be grateful for.

Being grateful keeps our focus off of ourselves and onto God. It places our hearts and minds in proper perspective. Being thankful shows we are trusting God and acknowleding Him as the giver of all things. It is looking beyond our circumstances and seeing something good in everything.

It's easy to be ungrateful and complain.
But it takes a deliberate focus to stop and consider things to be thankful for.

Ask
I am so thankful that I have the ability to come before God and present my requests to Him.
The Bible instructs me to ask:
  • “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7: 7-8 

  • "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

You and I have the ability to ask and plead our petition before Almighty God.
Can you wrap your brain around that truth? We are never without access to Him.

Answered Prayers
Throughout the Bible, there are answered prayers. More answered than unanswered. How often we forget that God answers prayers.How often we doubt that He hears and will answer. Does He always answer our every request? No. Sometimes He answers in ways we could never imagine. But He still answers!
 

Adoption through Christ

It is through being adopted into God's family that I have a new name, await a new home (Heaven) and have a new Heavenly Father (God) (Romans 8:22-24). I have a new family (the body of Christ- the church). Adoption is part of my salvation. God took me in when I was a sinner. He came looking for me and came accepting me with open arms when I was against Him. He didn't look at me and reject me because of my wretchedness. He loved me. He looked upon me with love-unconditional love. He took my brokeness and restored me. He has healed my wounds and I now live in His JOY!!! Adoption is everything for the believer.

This Thanksgiving- thank God for all He has given you as a believer. They are the true things that will remain.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...