Monday, November 7

Manna Monday-Thankful for All Things "T"




This week on Joy Treasure I want to share with you what I am thankful for as a believer. I pray as you read this post you, too, will consider the same things that you have to be thankful for.
Today, I'll share all things "T" that I am thankful for.

Taste


     Taste is something we take for granted everyday. Think of your most favorite food and imagine not being able to taste it ever again. Imagine not being able to taste any food, ever!!! Everyday would be chewing on something that is merely a texture (filled with calories of course!) without any morsel of goodness. This little gift God gave us affects every aspect of our life. When God created us, He gave us the sense of taste so we could enjoy and experience life. And our ability to taste the goodness of food helps us to understand the sweetness of God's Word. Psalm 119 says, "How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! " Through our ability to taste food, we can understand how the goodness of God's Word is sweet to our soul. We can savor every word of God in our heart.

     A few years ago, at Christmas, I had a horrible sinus infection. It began on Christmas Eve and threw me for a loop. I couldn't taste anything on Christmas. All the goodies I had made to enjoy and for others to enjoy was miserable for me (good for them because they could taste!) but not for me. The taste of Christmas was missing. I am so thankful I get to taste things on Christmas when I am not sick.

So today, enjoy a good meal and while you are chewing, thank God for making life sweet!!!


Thirst

I am thankful for the ability to thirst- to thirst for righteousness.
To thirst for the good things of God. For I am filled. I am satisfied in a discontented world when I thirst for the right things of God. For He promises I shall be satisfied. Not only will I be filled, but I will be able to share the living water with others around who don't have eternal life. They thirst and are not filled. They walk around looking for something to satisfy their soul in this world and are never filled. Treasure the promises of being filled and satisfied by God today.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
   for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6).

"but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life” (John 4:14).



Think


I am so thankful for the ability to think and meditate on God's Word. I am able to fill my mind with life instead of death by reading the truth of God's Word. Each day, I am able to renew my spirit through yielding to God and listening to Him speak through His Word. I am never left alone to my sinful thoughts. They are able to change and become new thoughts that please God, consider His greatness, and change my actions. This is something we take for granted too!

The Bible says, " On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night" (Psalm 63:6). 

 When you lie down to sleep at night, when it's just you and your mind in the dark, God gives you the ability to meditate on good things, to place your thoughts on truth and not the things that make you anxious or bring you fear. I love the fact that when my head hits the pillow, I can rest in God's forgiveness and that when I am alone with the thoughts of my mind, the truth that I read comforts me in the night. The nonbeliever doesn't have the ability to think on the things of God because they don't have God's Spirit living in their heart. When they lie down and sleep at night, they have no one to bring their anxieties or fears to. They don't live in God's forgiveness. I am so thankful for the ability to have a renewed mind. Thank God today for the ability to think about His Word.

Ok. That's some of the "T" things I am thankful for this November.
Tomorrow I will share the "H" things I am thankful for.

You who visit Joy Treasure are a blessing to me. Thank you for your support. Please tell your friends about the Joy Treasure Blog. 

I am praying for you today as I do every Monday. Blessings!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...