Monday, March 14

Manna Monday- Our God is Unshakable


Good Manna Monday morning! It's been a long time! Three weeks to be exact. I can't tell you how thrilled, how delighted I am to be able to be back blogging about the Joy of Jesus with you, my friends! I am not one to write much about current news, but I wanted for us to take time to reflect on the Tsunami that hit Japan. I have been astounded by what has been happening across the ocean.

More than 10,000 feared dead, millions without food and water. I can't imagine what I would be feeling if that were my home, my state, my country,... my friends and family who were found dead.
As I have been watching the news reports about Japan, one news reporter asked the question, "What kind of force, What kind of water can do this?" A lady interviewed was asked how she survived and said, "We slept three nights in a car." A Japanese Red Cross worker stated to a reporter this disaster was beyond their ability to help. "The entire coast of Japan from north to south has been devastated," he said.

I couldn't help but think about how unshakable our strong foundation is in God. Even when our life circumstances change or are devastated, God is still God. He is more powerful than any tsunami, any hurricane, any volcano eruption.  Isaiah 40:12 says, "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?"  Only God can measure the waters in His hand and knows the exact number of particles that make up the dust and sand. No one else can do that!

One of the reporters stated, "the people I've met are strong, they are happy despite having nothing and are resilient." What if this was the testimony non-believers could give about us as believers? What if this was the continual testimony of our lives despite having much in life or having little? This was Paul's testimony. He said, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-11

Our God is unshakable. There is nothing, no one who can influence Him or cause Him to stumble. If you experienced your own personal tsunami that devastated your life and everything you had known, would others be able to say your faith was unshakable in God? When the world around you becomes a wasteland, would you find God unshakable?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...