Tuesday, February 5

Praying Like David


This is a new blog series that focuses solely on prayer.

Our prayers at times are quite dry because we say the same things over and over again. We don't use scripture to fuel our prayer lives. God gave us HIS Word to be prayed and meditated over. I constantly stand in awe of how David talked to God. Do you? His intimacy towards the LORD astounds me at times. It's so tender, yet so conversational. Reading his prayers and praying them back to God has ignited my prayer life.

David poured his heart out to God and recalled the greatness and goodness of God. It's in recalling God's greatness that he would find himself comforted and closer to the LORD. Isn't that what prayer is supposed to do? Draw us closer to intimacy with our LORD?

Today's prayer comes from Psalm 5:1-3 (The Message)

" Listen, GOD! Please pay attention! Can you make sense of these ramblings, my groans and cries? King-God, I need your help. Every morning you'll hear me at it again. Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on your altar and watch for fire to descend."


1. Notice the heart of David and his desperateness to be heard.
2. How did David address God?
3. When was the last time you laid out the pieces of your life before the LORD and let Him make sense of your groans and cries?

Stop and make time to come boldly and honestly before God. Address Him as King of your life and frustrations. Ask Him to help you make sense of the current things going on in your life. He will.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...