Thursday, September 22

Random Thoughts with Ashley

Since I have been working on my writing project this summer I haven't had much time to be with you here at Joy Treasure. I thought I would share with you some things that have been running around in my head and also share with you what I have been up to. So here is what I call "Random Thoughts with Ashley."
     I had posted "Running to Nowhere" a while back but was reminded of this post this Sunday morning when I was driving again to church on the same road. I always see runners every Sunday morning on my way to church on the sidewalk of the neighborhood. Normally the runners are alone. But this Sunday, my heart broke. I passed a young couple with their jogging stroller with two little ones. It was the picture of a family together running to nowhere when they could have been running to heaven. Am I making sense? People can take care of their bodies (which is good!) but yet their heart is dead. As I drove past them, I prayed for them to to know Jesus and if they did know Jesus to get back in church. 

This summer I had the privilege to lead an hour of worship with the ladies in my church. I cannot tell you how much it blessed my heart. As you can see our focus was on Grace. Our pastor has been preaching on grace this entire year. Every song had to do with grace. It was truly an amazing time of worship. I of course and the shortest one even with my heels on!

This fall I have been leading worship for our Wednesday Bible study. It has been a very worshipful time. God continues to stretch me. I have never enjoyed playing and singing for people, but God continues to stretch me to lead. Through the years I have surrendered to His calling and I am at a time now where it has become more comfortable for me to play and sing. I now am truly enjoying it and also worshiping Him as I lead. Thanks be to God!

At the end of one of our bible studies on Wednesdays, I got the privilege to pray with some older ladies in my church. I wish you could have heard their prayers. I was so blessed to be able to pray with them. I now know them in  a way I never did before. That's what happens when you pray with people. You get to know them. You get connected to them in a way that simple conversation can never connect you. Pray is like glue. I was inspired by these women of faith. I want to be just like them. The thought came to my mind, "What if women prayed more together?" Imagine the friendships in the church that could be formed.

So you can see, I have been busy this summer and why I haven't had time to meet with you here on Joy  Treasure. Please pray for me as I pray for you. And tell your friends about it.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for the reminder to pray for those I pass on Sunday morning, Ashley. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...