Monday, October 22

Manna Monday- A Beautiful Mind


One of the things I have been asking the LORD lately is to give me a beautiful mind. "Please give me a mind that is more like Christ, than more like myself, God!" I pray. I desire for my mind to be a reflection of His Word, not my sinful thoughts. I yearn, for His thoughts to become my first thoughts. And, as much I want it, it doesn't happen just by going to Bible study or church each week. It simply does not happen. SIGH. Why? Because I leave my thoughts to well, my own thoughts which are sinful because I am naturally born into sin (Romans 8:5).
 
By the time Monday morning comes along, every thought about the sermon, Sunday school lesson or bible study has left my mind like a balloon floating away into the deep blue sky, taking me back to the comfort of my old habitual thought patterns. UGHHHHH!!!!!
 
"Enough," I said.
 
Recently, I have been resolved, determined, to get back to memorizing Scripture.
It has been an amazing journey this past month. I have memorized five Scriptures.
FIVE!!!!
 
Yes, you CAN memorize Scripture. You just have to do one thing: do it!
 
Here is what I do:
Find a Scripture. Write it down on a note card. Study each word. Ask myself questions about the verse like :
  • What does this Scripture mean?
  • What new truth am I learning from Scripture that I have never thought about before? 
  • What new thing am I learning about God? Is there something I am learning about how my response should be toward Him?
  • What is God telling me to do in this Scripture?
  • Is there a sin I need to confess?
  • What encouragement from Scripture am I receiving this morning?
Then I write a prayer on the back of my scripture praying the Scripture aloud. This is a picture of one of the verses:
 
As I go back through each Scripture, I am in awe of God's love for me, and in awe of how I am changing. The key to changing is discipline. It's not going to happen overnight. But it DOES happen day by day! May we become like the Psalmist in Psalm 119 who was in love with the Word of God:
 
"My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times." Psalm 119: 20

Praying this encourages your you wherever you are in your walk with the LORD this Monday!!!





 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for talking back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...